Diana Leafe Christian, Author of Building a Life Together, is coming to Southern California to offer TWO of her highly sought after three-day trainings. You can register individually for each of them or receive $75 off if you register for both workshops.
Starting a Successful Eco-Village or Intentional Community
The workshop includes visual/verbal presentations with drawings, a slideshow and short videos, small-group discussions and exercises, musical skits, and the “Ecovillage/Intentional Community Clinic,” in which participants present their community projects and Diana and the other participants comment and make suggestions.
Saturday February 24-Monday February 26, 2018
Sociocracy for Intentional Communities and Member-Led Groups
Sociocracy, “governance by peers and colleagues,” is an effective self-governance and decision-making method I now highly recommend. Based on the values of equivalence, transparency and effectiveness, when Sociocracy is used correctly it tends to result in better meetings, getting more done, being better organized and feeling more connected to other group members. (Sociocracy is sometimes also called Dynamic Governance in the US. It’s exactly the same thing.)
Saturday March 10-Monday March 12, 2018
These two workshops can be taken separately or together to build your library of tools for building community and making it run efficiently. Discounts provided for taking both courses.
RECEIVE $75 OFF IF YOU REGISTER FOR BOTH EVENTS BY CHOOSING THE DOUBLE TICKET OPTION AT THE BOTTOM.
What is included in my ticket?
Simultaneous visual/verbal presentations with colorful, step-by-step drawings.
* Many small-group discussions for a shared learning process.
* Lively “Hobbit Skits” to introduce the Sociocracy meeting processes by seeing, hearing, and doing.
* Laughter and fun.
* Large wall posters of each meeting process. (I provide templates of these for each group in the workshop to make these wall posters for their group.)
* Abundant practice sessions “to learn in your bones and cells”
* A comprehensive 45-page handout booklet for workshop review and reference.
* All training materials in a Google.doc: the entire handout booklet, workshop exercises, templates for each wall poster, scripts for each Hobbit skit, and many additional handouts.
* Ongoing consultations by phone, Skype, or email about how a workshop participants can implement and use Sociocracy. (No charge; included in the workshop fee.)
* LUNCH all three days. (please specify any special food needs at least three weeks in advance, thank you!
*Get $75 off your ticket price if you purchase the Double Ticket Option on Eventbrite.
What kind of lodging is available if I do not live in close proximity?
You have three options:
1) Stay in a nearby hotel. Details available shortly, but there a few places in Fallbrook, Vista and Oceanside that are under $125/night.
2) There is limited space in the yurt (where the workshop is during the day) for a few people to stay indoors, on floor mats (that you bring) to sleep dormitory style. Belongings must be kept tidy and pushed to the sides during the course of the training. $100/person for three nights total.
3) You may also camp in our tent on the property for $60/person for three nights total. It is VERY cold at night, so be mindful of this when determining your choices.
For option #2 and #3, there is a community bathroom that will be available in a separate building and is shared. We will also make room in our community kitchen for you to prepare breakfast and dinner if you prefer and use a refrigerator.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
You may park your vehicle at the Emerald Village. If you need to take public transportation, there is a Sprinter train that stops in Vista just a few miles from the Station. You will need to take a taxi, Uber or Lyft from there to the Village. You may bring most regular sized cars, trucks and vans to the property.
Please no RV’s or trailers.
What can I bring into the event?
Bring notepad, pens, water bottle, sturdy shoes, headlamp and an extra blanket (if you are able to.)
Please DO NOT bring your dog with you, unless you have a service animal. You must be prepared to show documentation that your dog is in fact a service animal. Thank you.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
What’s the refund policy?
There are no ticket refunds. You may transfer or sell your ticket to another individual, but please communicate with us to do so.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you can bring a digital copy on your mobile device as well.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, please email us with any changes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes, you must communicate via email any of changes.